Friday, September 21, 2012

Chicon 2013


Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear me-ee…happy birthday to me!

So in case I was being subtle, today’s my birthday. I’m probably not getting too much this year, but I didn’t ask for much. However…

What I’m getting for my birthday. Next year. Don’t care if I don’t get anything this year or anything else next year or any Christmas gifts (all right, I’ll kick up a fuss if I don’t get some small gifts to show me that hubby and the boys care and remembered).




I've heard from a lot of people that these Stargate conventions are a blast and I've been wanting to go to one for a couple of years now. This is probably the only time I’ll ever go, my first and last convention of this sort. Not that I think I’ll have a bad time, it’s just that unless I hit the lottery, there are other things I want to do—people to see, places to go, etc. But I simply could not pass up this opportunity. LOOK who’s going to be there:



And some other people, too. I can’t wait to meet Kavan, though. I’m only six rows back from the front and sitting on the aisle directly in front of the stage! Maybe I can write a story about a lovesick fan meeting her soul mate at one of these events and write it off my taxes…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I go with you Lynne? Pleeeease! I love science fiction conventions (although I've never been to one). One day I hope to go to DragonCon. Come back and give me every little bitty detail there is. Have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Congrats on having something so fun-filled and exciting to look forward to with Chicon 2013!

Lynne Kensington said...

That would be lovely! You've got time to save up... :D

I plan to take lots of pictures and will try to get all the details set in my mind to report back.

Lynne Kensington said...

Thank you!

Definitely looking forward to next year. :)