Tuesday, July 8, 2014

WAKE UP!

Blood sugar was a whopping 132 this morning. This is 33 points over where the doctor would like to have my levels and comes as no surprise. This is what happens when you eat pasta and cookies all day long, ending the night with a big bowl of ice cream and two cups of tea with sugar. This is what happens after a whole week of bad eating. This needs to be my wake-up call.

Mom is dead. Her services are this week-end. While this sounds callous, there is nothing I can do for her. Time to get back to treating her daughter right. Mom would want me to take care of myself. Today, I am going to make a real effort to choose my foods more wisely, to keep the carbs to a minimum, and make them healthy when I do have them.

When I get back home, I am going to get back to setting my alarm clock, getting up, and drinking hot lemon water before going for a walk or doing calisthenics. I am going to get back to healthy dinners, with most carbs early in the day. I am going to get my sugar and my weight under control again. I am also going to get back to logging my foods on My Fitness Pal, so as to keep better track.


For now, today, I am going to finish my coffee, then have a little oatmeal and some orange juice. Then, if the rain has stopped, I’m going for my walk. Baby steps, one day at a time.

No comments: