Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weekly Check-in

Weight:

No significant change this week, but there is at least a loss. As you all know, I've been under a great deal of stress lately, even more than usual, so I will take any loss of weight I can get.



I am starting to keep track of my sodium intake. Government standards still show an allowance of 2500mg, but most health sites say men and women of my age only need 1500 mg. Since stroke and heart disease run in my family and my blood pressure has been very high lately, I've been watching things. Most fresh fruits and veggies have little to no sodium. Meats and oats have a bit more. Most prepared foods--canned, jarred, and frozen--naturally have way too much sodium.

I have changed my exercise routine a bit, too. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do a full calisthenics routine of about 20 minutes. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I spend 40-45 minutes on the treadmill, walking until I've used up at least 300 calories. When things settle down a bit (my mom moves from assisted living to a nursing home on a permanent basis), I plan to join a yoga class in addition or find a pool and add swimming to my routine.

Words

The past two weeks have left me in no real mood to write; I've had very little time as it is, and when I have had time, my brain has been so full of what needs to be done yet, as well as guilt and angst, to allow any fiction in. Last Monday, though, I finally had time and a low enough stress level to think about Quantum Kiss, and managed to write 800 words. I've also been busily catching up on milestones for my local chapter of RWA and taking a workshop on judging so that I can properly judge future contest entries, as well as learn a little about becoming an entrant and what the judges look for. 

I don't think I'll be able to catch up on the Little Bites Challenge for March, but we'll see--the month's not over yet.

Vocab: Vanquish--to win over an enemy, particularly in battle. Usually a decisive & dominating win.

Prompt: You are a Saxon who's village is meeting up with Viking raiders for the first time. You can be a man, woman or child, in your village or watching from some vantage point.

(Can you tell I've been watching Vikings lately? LOL!)

No comments: