Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WWW.CheckIn


Word Count:

So, NaNo is up and running, and so am I. My current word count for the week is 11,554 in my NaNo work. At this point, I am loosely titling the series, The Return, but it might be End of Days or The Circle (as in the circle of life). See my NaNo page for a summary of the work and to learn about my characters.

I have not written outside of NaNo, but I did get my final chapter of my current fan fic back from my beta; my beta is a published author who has served as president of her local RWA chapter and is an extraordinary editor. Her comments indicated that I did not need to change one single word or bit of punctuation!

Weight Loss:

Well, I still haven’t lost much (like three pounds, overall), but then, I haven’t changed my eating habits much, either. The exercise is making me more flexible, and I am finding that I need my afternoon nap less and am less lethargic throughout the day. I leave to visit my folks in New England for a few days tomorrow and will be walking outdoors while I’m there—they live in a pretty, hilly area that will test my legs more than my treadmill does.

Weather:

It’s cold in them thar hills! Well, on the plateau that is Central Florida, anyway. We went back up to the 80s again for a few days and the A/C had to go back on, but this morning it was 54ºF. In New England, it has apparently been in the 40s during the day where my parents live. I am packing every sweater I own, as well as my jeans and my sweats. Wish my boots weren’t falling apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lynne ~ souns like you have a lot of things going on and are making progress. I hope I can participate in NaNoWriMo next year. I've never done it before but it sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with the WIP!

Lynne Kensington said...

Thanks, Mae! I got a little behind with arriving in CT and all the chaos, but am now caught up on word count. NaNo for me has been the kick in the pants I needed to get back to writing--setting the expectations and watching the numbers grow steadily. I'm really liking the story as it unfolds. It'll be interesting to see where it goes. :)

Weight is probably another matter--my folks have a house just FULL of candy and cookies and all that bad for you stuff. :( I shall have to get back on the wagon, as it were, when I get home tomorrow.