Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Check In


Words:

I kicked ass this week! I got so far ahead by getting up a bit early a few mornings and just writing. Good thing because my evenings were crazy. I was very happy with my word count this week, especially when you consider that was all in Quantum Kiss. I also managed to get all of the blogs written, even though last week’s Wednesday was late by a day and today’s is running late.

At any rate, total word count required for the LBC is 1750 and I got the year—yup, I wrote 2013 words this week in Q.K. That brings my total for the month up to 5346 out of a total of 7K that I’ll need by the end of the month. Now, the sad part is that I haven’t had the time/energy to write anything at all in the past two days, except my Monday blog; today’s blog is being hard pressed between work and kids and hubby who needs electric shock therapy (as in the man’s either frakkin’ nuts or he’s holding out the winning lottery ticket on me).

I’ve been reading a bit more this week, too. Christy Oleson’s “Her Scottish CEO” has been on my Kindle Cloud Reader while I dry my hair each morning, an erotic anthology titled, “Secrets” sits on the shelf by my throne, and I’ve had a couple of favorite fan fic authors post new stuff this week. Add that to the blogs I try to keep up on, and it’s been a busy reading/writing week.

Prompt: You find a Djinn. What happens?

Vocab word: diaphanous: filmy, sheer

Weight:

Wow! I am very happy to report this weight this week:



I was only planning on 197 point something, so the extra half a pound really fired me up. Mind, today is my reward day. If I make my weight, I don’t worry about calories today. I've been in a naughty celebratory mood today.

To mix things up a bit, hubby and I bought a steamer. We love fish and chicken (well, I love fish and chicken—lol) and the steamer is a nice, healthy way to cook both meats and veggies. Now to find some good steamer recipes. Hubby tries to spice up his food with hot spices. This week he made the mistake of trying a habanero pepper. His fingers stung for two days afterwards. I enjoy garlic and a bit of onion, but nothing too hot. At Tijuana Flats (a place I no longer frequent), I go for the wimpy sauces. I thought the steamer might be nice because my blood pressure was through the roof; of course, that could have been a product of the teen, who is my best helper and confidante one minute and out to kill me by acting stupid the next. Either way, it won’t kill me to eat healthier (I hope).  

On the exercise front, I want to save for either an elliptical or a stationary bike at home, to ease the pressure on my broken toes, which are not enjoying the cooler weather we’ve been having. I also told my teen that I really want to be able to be able to join the gym so I can use their pool once in a while. I’m getting awfully bored with my routine, although it’s not easy by any stretch of the imagination. I just want to get the weight gone so that I can bring it down to exercising three or four times a week instead of six.

I realize I'm kind of all over the place and I apologize. Today has been a "herding cats" kind of day and now it's an hour past my bedtime, but this post is so close to done and I don't want another "day after" check in post. 

No comments: